Sunday, January 20, 2008

From Lynne Myers-Bob Randisi-Ben Schutz dies

Hey Guys,

Got this from Ben Schutz's agent, Lynn Myers, just this morning. What a shock! I already passed it on to my newsletter editor.

From: Lynn Myers
To: RRandisi@aol.com
Sent: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:05 pm
Subject: Benjamin Schutz, two-time Shamus winner

Dear Bob:

It is with great sadness that I must report the death of Benjamin M. Schutz. He has a massive heart attack while playing racquetball on Thursday evening. He won two Shamus awards and his one Shamus win also was selected for an Edgar. If you tall me who is in charge of the PWA newsletter, I will contact them.

Best,


Lynn Myers

2 comments:

Fred Blosser said...

THE THINGS WE DO FOR LOVE, FISTFUL OF EMPTY, and MEXICO IS FOREVER were my favorite PI novels of the post-Parker era.

Anonymous said...

Not only did I enjoy his books I had the chance to play racquetball with Ben. He was kind, enthusiastic and had a great sense of humor. He played hard, worked hard but lived harder. sympathy to the family and respect for the man

Ross