Sunday, April 13, 2008

Stuff

Stuff

Very good Levitation Man (Iron Man) trailer on You Tube. A witty extended sequence with Robert Downey. This may be one of the few comic book book movies I like.
-
Alberto Gonzales on food stamps? The LA Times reports that no law firm wants to hire him. How would you feel if you were told that the attorney in charge of your case was Alberto Gonzales? I'd think he could hire out as a lap dog. He's had plenty of experience at that.
-
Watched one of my all-time favorite films The Driver this afternoon and almost wish I hadn't. I carried it for years in my mind as a perfect work of B movie art. Maybe it was my mood but I had a hard time getting past the ridiculously arch dialogue and the straight lift from Point Blank where Ryan O'Neil demolishes a car in a parking garage.
-
Roger Ebert writing film reviews again. I didn't know until today that his last cancer surgery left him unable to speak.
-
Though I never cared much for his acting when TCM reran a Robert Osborne interview with Heston I found him smart, charming, funny and loaded with interesting industry gossip.
-
J. Kingston Pierce was kind enough to make my novel Sleeping Dogs-Pierce's Pick of the Week

Unleashing a new series, Gorman gives us political speechwriter and sleuth-by-necessity Dev Conrad. He’s just signed onto the unexpectedly troubled re-election campaign of a U.S. senator, and must deal with dirty tricks, campaign sabotage, a suicide and his increasing suspicions about the very man he’s supposed to be helping stay in Congress.










http://www.ramblehouse.com/index.html

1 comment:

Richard Moore said...

I missed the TCM interview with Heston but hope to catch it on a rerun. Heston published a portions of a journal he kept from 1956 to 1976 or so and they are full of wonderful insights about acting, directing and screenwriting. He certainly seems to have been a well-grounded, likable man.