Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'll show you mine if you'll...

I have to say upfront that I see nothing wrong with people videotaping their sexual activities. It's obviously their private choice and nobody can dispute that. I say this because my words have nothing to do with morality.

But so far this week there have been three different stories about media figures getting in various kinds of difficulties because of them taping themselves with lovers.

The practice would seem to be much more widespread than we've heard about out here in Iowa. Now when I go to the video store and see people stocking up on fresh tape I no longer think...isn't that sweet, they're probably going to film their grandkid's birthday party.

This has obviously been going on for some time. There was a B-movie star who got into a bind as far back as the seventies. I guess you have to be careful who your bedroom co-star is because a) you're handing him/her a device blackmail or b) you'll someday be a star on the internet.

It's filming YOURSELF than I don't get. Even when I was young and trim I wouldn't have done it. Who wants to see HIM/HERSELF on film?

I know this isn't my usual subject here but they're so much in the news I wonder what what some of you think.

8 comments:

Terrill Lee Lankford said...

Ed, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I once caught sight of myself and a girlfriend reflected in her full length closet mirror. She looked great. What I couldn't figure out was why she was letting that crazy looking albino monkey wrestle with her.

No video tape action for me.

Dave Zeltserman said...

Ed, remember Bob Crane from Hogan's Heroes? Should be a cautionary tale about the type of legacy you could leave.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm curious. Which of the partners usually initiates the tapes, and who watches them afterward? Or is filming and viewing a joint enterprise?

RSW

RJR said...

Ed,

When were you trim?

RJR

Ted said...

I wonder what Ed Gorman would do with this for a novel or short story?

Cap'n Bob said...

Some thing should be left to the professionals. This is one of them.

Ed Gorman said...

To smart ass RJR: At age forty-six I weighed 140 pounds. How much did YOU weigh at that age? And BTW do you have any video to prove it? :)

Brendan DuBois said...

Hmmm.... I'm still waiting for a keen insight from Mr. Bill Crider... this seems to be up his, er, alley... or something.