Saturday, July 04, 2009

John D. MacDonald - Judi Rohrig




I got this letter today from my good friend (and very good writer) Judi Rohrg. The JDM link, as Judi suggests, is packed with material of all kinds. My favorites so far a letter to John D. from his father as he was about to embark on his first European trip and a very sarcastic form rejection letter that John D. wrote for the amusement of himself and (I'd guess) his writing buddies. Great stuff! Thanks, Judi.

Hi, Ed!

Happy 4th of July! I hope all is going well with you.

I just wanted you to know that Cal Branche has updated his JDM Homepage. There is a lot more information there, so when you have a few minutes to simply browse, I highly suggest it.

http://jdmhomepage.org/jdmhomepage.org/index.html

Also, the Smathers Library at the University of Florida in Gainesville has completed its massive renovation of the JDM collection. Frankly, I wish I could jump in my car and take off right now. A few years ago Byron and I spent five hours there and made it through only two boxes (there are 198) of letters, pics, and galleys. The website alone might make you drool, so just be warned.

http://web.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/manuscript/guides/MacDonald.htm

Love
Judi

1 comment:

Todd Mason said...

Man. MacDonald, Masur, and Davis...I'd drop 15c for that, even at the time...