Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ed Gorman, Gunfighter



Mystery and western writer Evan Thomas was nice enough to doctor this cover with my face substituted for the gunfighter's and titles of some of my westerns listed instead of the real stories in the magazine. I tried to e mail Evan to thank him but found that I had the same trouble I have a lot of times with comments--they just don't get sent. I try all the various ways of sending them but apparently I'm not signed up for any of them. And when I do try to sign up it doesn't register. It isn't easy being a computer moron believe me. Anyway, here's the e mail I tried to send to Evan:g

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Evan. The cover is a hoot. I don't keep accurate records of what I've published so I was surprised to see how many westerns I'd written. There are some house name books too but I don't have copies of all of them. Yes, Bill Crider stepped in when I was going into the hospital and wrote the second half of Fast Track and did his usual wonderful job. Bill's one of my favorite people AND favorite writers. Thanks again for the time and care you took with this post. If you're interested you can find the cover and my western bibliography over at http://davycrockettsalmanack.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I could help out, Ed. I kept it a secret, but now I guess the secret's out.

Ben Boulden said...

Hmmm... You two should collaborate more often. I really enjoyed FAST TRACK.

Dave Zeltserman said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

I love this. You outdo Gary Cooper.

Brendan DuBois said...

Man, if I saw someone like this comin' at me down Main Street, not only would I drop my weapon, I'd probably also soil my pants...

Evan Lewis said...

Doctor the cover?? What gave you that idea? Well, come to think of it, I did notice that marshal bore you a slight resemblance. Several folks have been kind enough to send more info, so I'll be throwing up a revised edition of the list soon. Thanks for looking!

Cap'n Bob said...

That's Evan Lewis, Ed, AKA Dave Lewis. He's a whiz at photoshopping and has done some fine work for OWLHOOT, the Western apa I ramrod. And if any of your readers want to join a dedicated Western apa (amateur press alliance), they'll be in good company.

Kenneth Mark Hoover said...

Haha, nice! :D