Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Sandra Balzo's GROUNDS FOR MURDER,

Sandra Balzo
Author at Severn House
 
 
The subject line probably ruined the surprise, but I wanted to let you know that my Maggy Thorsen series has been optioned for development as a television series or film! 

From Publishers Lunch: 

Film Rights: Sandra Balzo's GROUNDS FOR MURDER, set in a small-town coffee house, featuring a sleuth-owner and her colorful friends and customers of Uncommon Grounds, to Hartwell Media/Robert Halmi Jr. (Farscape)producer, by Nancy Yost at Nancy Yost Literary Agency. 

Books are often optioned and--yes, yes, I know--most are never exercised, meaning the shows are never made. Still, I'm just thrilled. The eighth book in the series, Murder on the Orient Espresso, came out this past December, but the first--Uncommon Grounds--was published in 2004 after multiple rejections. And six years. (I'm persistent, if nothing else.) 

I'll keep you informed as we move along. But nonetheless, YAY! 

All the best, 
Sandy 
www.SandraBalzo.com
 

No comments: