Thursday, January 08, 2015

From Libby Hellmann Fischer

Hi Ed,

Happy New Year to longtime friends and new arrivals!
Ever have a "pie in the sky" dream come true? 
William Kent Krueger

 I'm happy to share that one of my long-time dreams is coming true. Ever since I was in high school, listening to Motown and then the Beatles, I’ve had a hankering to be a radio DJ. I worked at the college radio station at Penn, and my first paid job was as a copy girl at KYW All News Radio in Philadelphia. Then, when I lived in New York, I was won over by Allison Steele, the “Nightbird” at WNEW-FM (Unfortunately she is no longer with us).

Turns out that hankering is now going to be a reality! I’m going to host a monthly internet radio show called “Second Sunday Crime!” The first show debuts this Sunday, January 11th on the "Authors on the Air" network. My guest will be William Kent Krueger. Kent is an award winning author many times over, especially this year. I hope you'll join us on this live program at 6 pm CST right here.

You can call in as well by dialing (347) 884-8266. So bring your questions! 
I














Havana Lost Chosen as a Notable Page-Turner

Havana Lost Chosen as a Notable Page-Turner

I'm delighted to share that my novel Havana Lost was selected as a "Notable Page-Turner" by Shelf Unbound magazine. (See page 59 here.)

Cuba is very much in the news these days, so if you're looking for a novel or gift that depicts life on the island during the Revolution and Cuba’s Special Period in the ‘90s, you can find it here.  
Who doesn't love free books?
Image
A member of my Street Team suggested this Facebook page as a way to be "in the know" for low-cost/no-cost Kindle books. If you're interested, here's the link.  
Thanks for buying my books and getting theirs for free. ;-). 
Wish I could tell you more about this... but I can't!
Wish I could tell you more about this... but I can't!

Sorry to tease, but something cool is in the works. I can't tell you 
about it yet, but I will as soon as I can. Hint: Norman Rockwell. Oops...

I can tell you that I'm working on my next Ellie book.  
It will be my 5th Ellie novel after a hiatus of almost 10 years, 
and it feels great—like reconnecting with an old friend. Although I’ll deny I’m anythinglike Ellie. Really.

That's all for now... Please stay in touch on all my 
social channels, but especially Facebook.



Warmly,
Libby
Please add my email address to your safe sender list so my emails 
don't get trapped in the netherworld of your spam box.
Latest Articles from my blog
Featured Blog Articles

My Latest Novel - Nobody's Child


See the full book list here

1 comment:

RJR said...

Libby, I loved Alison Steele. Good luck with your show!

RJR