Monday, April 13, 2015

A very good and talented man passes Ron Scheer







Sunday, April 12, 2015
Ron Scheer

From Lynda Scheer:

Ron left us early yesterday morning. A blessing to know that he has flown high--like the hawk Anne recently watched in the desert, wheeling and turning on the wind--away from pain and struggle. My heart is shattered. He was the love of my life, but he meant so much to so many people. It is comforting to know my loss is shared with all of you who knew and loved him. Anne and Jeremy are on their way here, to the desert and the enormous sky Ron loved and took so many wonderful photos of, and I look forward to a little time with them, remembering.
Thanks to you all for your kind messages.
[For years Ron has supported the Behrhorst Clinic in Guatemala, where he spent a college summer volunteering. Should you wish to make a donation, the foundation's website is aldeaguatemala.org/]

I'm devastated doesn't even begin to describe my feelings and I'm sure many of you are experiencing the same loss. I will have more thoughts to share on this extraordinary life very soon. Lynda has asked me to write a final blog post for Buddies in the Saddle which is a deep honor. Until then I am going to walk to the top of this mountain with my daughter, where we live, and look over country I know Ron would appreciate. Rolling land with trees and horses and a stream nearby. And I am going to think about that cowboy that has left us. Rest in peace, Ron. 


1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Unbelievably sad.