Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving; My favorite quote about actor David Canary's passing

Ed here: We had a long and perfect lunch with my son Joe and his entire family yesterday. Even our oldest grandchild Shannon was back from the Naval Academy. After next year she'll be spending five years on various ships around the world. We'll see her even less. I baby sat her three afternoons a week when she was 2 1/2-5 years old. She was such a sweet, hilarious little girl. And now she's a sweet, hilarious--and brilliant--young woman.

                                                                           ----

Actor David Canary died Friday. I always enjoyed his work. A real pro, good guy or bad, soap operas or westerns, so I read his obits. This sardonic line from the NY Times made me smile as I'm sure it would have Mr. Canary himself.:


"Mr. Canary’s first taste of soap-opera drama came in 1965, when he was cast as Dr. Russ Gehring, Mia Farrow’s physical therapist, in “Peyton Place.” Ms. Farrow’s character was in a coma at the time, so their interaction was minimal."

1 comment:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Ed.