The New Cinema Retro
Ed here: Flat out my favorite issue so far. The pieces on Elvis movies and the backgrounder on Night of the Following Days are definitive pieces of work.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ISSUE #23 INCLUDE:
• Coverage of the Bond in Motion exhibition in England- the largest single collection of original 007 vehicles ever displayed. We take you inside the gala press event that opened the exhibit.
• Dean Brierly analyzes the criminally underrated crime thriller The Night of the Following Daystarring Marlon Brando and Richard Boone
• Roland Schaefli pays tribute to the John Wayne-Howard Hawks adventure Hatari! and takes us on a visit to the African locations as they are today
• Tim Graves celebrates the excellent, but little-remembered psychic thriller Games starring James Caan and Katharine Ross.
• Adrian Smith examines the British sex films of the 60s and 70s- and how film companies battled the censors to sneak in as many "tits and bums" as possible
• Elvis on the Back Lot: Dean Sills looks back on The King's Hollywood hits- and how infrequently the exotic locations were actually filmed on location
• Raymond Benson looks at the best films of 1982
• Lee Pfeiffer takes a second look at the Italian Western A Minute To Pray, A Second to Diestarring Alex Cord and Robert Ryan
• Gareth Owen revisits the filming of The Slipper and the Rose at Pinewood Studios
• Dave Worrall looks at the films that depicted the legendary raid on Entebbe and takes us back in time to the filming of Disney's Candleshoe through unseen on-set photos
• Plus the latest DVD, soundtrack and film book reviews
PLEASE NOTE: This issue arrived three weeks late in the USA due to a transport snafu in the UK that we had no control over. We apologize for the delay.