Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tom Piccirilli


Tom Piccirilli e mailed me last night with the following information: Doctors have found a tennis ball-sized cancerous tumor  on his right frontal lobe. Apparently a very aggressive cancer but a good spot to have it  on because  it shouldn't interfere with memory, reasoning, creativity or motor skills.  He will be operated on (I believe) on Monday. This will be followed by weeks of chemo and radiation. And then physical rehab.

I don't have to tell you how serious this is. Tom has been one of my best friends for years. One of the nicest and funniest people I've ever known, After years of paying his dues he's only lately been recognized (widely) as one of the major new voices in crime and horror fiction. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

-------------------------------------------RICHARD JESSUP

An agent wrote me asking me if I knew how to contact anybody involved in the estate of deceased writer Richard Jessup. I always liked Jessup's wprk and was glad to see it when books such as his The Cincinnati Kid became big hits. Can anybody help with  this?

------------------------------------------KAREN DOWNES

A woman named Karen Downes wrote me an actual letter asking me to point her to an agent. I've misplaced the envelope so can't get back to her but invite her to write me at ejgorman99@aol.com


2 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

It's strange how one is "introduced" to authors. I have seen Tom Piccirilli's novels displayed prominently in Indian bookstores, their dazzling covers tempting me to pick them off the shelf. Now that he comes with a strong recommendation from you, I'll definitely read some of his novels which are set in my favourite genres. At 47, Tom Piccirilli already has an impressive body of work to his credit and you can't imagine how far he can go from here. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Mathew Paust said...

Sending warmest thoughts into the cosmos with the intent of banking them off some benevolent entity down to Tom. Why can't we all just be healthy?