Friday, February 22, 2013

Ten Overlooked Classics


Ten Overlooked Classics

Sf Site used to ask writers to list ten novels that they felt had been overlooked or unjustly forgotten. Here are ten crime novels, in no particular order, that I think should be read and re-read.

Odds Against Tomorrow William P. McGivern
The 31st of February Julian Symons
How Like An Angel Margaret Millar
The Blank Wall Elizabeth Sanxay Holding
Night and The City Gerald Kersh
The Far Cry Fredric Brown
Cocaine and Blue Eyes Fred Zackel
True Confessions John Gregory Dunne
On The Yard Malcolm Braly
Something in The Shadows Vin Packer

1 comment:

Jed Power said...

"The Far Cry" may be my favorite of all time. I reread it often for inspiration in my own writing.
"On the Yard" was very good but not one of my favorites.
I've missed "Cocaine & Blue Eyes," but will have to find it, with the recommendation and a name like that!