Thursday, December 11, 2014

Libby Fischer Hellman and Chicago stories

Dear Ed -- 

If you've been following me for a bit (and welcome if you're new to our crime-fiction-loving group), you know that I live in Chicago and love it here.

In that spirit, I want to bring you three true life (nothing fiction here, folks) Chicago stories for your reading pleasure. These stories appeared on my blog, but you may have missed them, so enjoy...

Libby's blog-http://www.libbyhellmann.com/blog/


You won't believe what I told the judge and how red his face became...

Image



As a crime fiction writer, you can just imagine how cool it would be for me to be on a jury. In this post (from the archives), I describe my day in the jury pool at Daley Center downtown.

Let's just say that I ended up in the judge's chambers, and I spoke my mind.Ahem...


Why did WE Hold our breath?

What makes people want to death defying feats, and why do we have to watch? You probably heard about Nik Wallenda's wire walking between Chicago high rises.

If you haven't, you'll want to check out this video right away. And even if you have, you may want to see it again and monitor your vitals. Does your heart race? Do your palms sweat?

It's fascinating on so many levels. Check out the video/blog here.


Image



The Mystery of Vivian Maier

Image

In the mood for a mystery?

Well, this is a different type of mystery, especially if you love photography and the visual arts Vivian Maier is one of the most fascinating stories I’ve come across recently.

Although she took over 150,000 images, she never tried to display, sell, or otherwise profit from her photography. In fact, the photos weren't found until after her death! ​ Continue the story here.




Image
Holiday Book Bundles for Mystery Lovers

Still stumped on what special gift to get for the mystery lover on your list?

Not only are these printed novels discounted, but I will autograph each one for your loved one, even if that loved one is you.

Don't delay... only available until Dec. 20.





Wishing you and yours the joy of the season.
Warmly,
Libby
Please add my email address to your safe sender list so my emails don't get trapped in the netherworld of your spam box.
Latest Articles from my blogMy Latest Novel - Nobody's Child
Featured Blog Articles

My latest novel
See the full book list here
Connect with me and let's get social.
Find me on GoodreadsJoin me on FacebookFind me on YouTubeFind me on TwitterFind me on Google+

No comments: