Thursday, December 10, 2009

John Trinian




John Trinian

I keep trying to remember where I saw a relatively recent review of North Beach Girl. The writer likened the novel to Malcolm Braly's Shake Him Till It Rattles, noting that both books deal with the intersection of Beat culture and crime in the late 50s and early 60s.

Two of you have asked me off-line to recommend a couple of Gold Medals that I consider noteworthy despite the fact that they get overlooked in most GM overviews.

Try North Beach Girl and Shake Him Till It Rattles. Fine novels and serious historical documents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just about every time I'm casting about for something to read, you pop up with a recommendation from out of left field. I love it. And I really dig this cover (North Beach Girl).

Hope all is well, my friend.
Trey

Chad Eagleton said...

The cover is fantastic.

Steve Lewis said...

Ed

NORTH BEACH GIRL was reviewed on The Rap Sheet not too long ago:

http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2008/05/and-beats-go-on.html

Maybe that's the one you mean.

--- Steve