Saturday, July 28, 2012

Livia J. Washburn

"Earlier my daughter said she was going to cut her nails on the porch. Now my hearing isn't awful, but it's certainly not what it used to be. I heard that she was going to go cut her nails with a fork. I honestly sat there pondering how in the world she was going to do that, when I realized she'd gone out on the porch. Then did the mental smack of the head."

Livia Washburn is one talented and sweet woman. The above was posted on her blog the other night. I laughed out loud. My hearing sure ain't that good any more either.

The other night Carol and I sat on the family room couch maybe four feet apart, the space between us filled with three of our cats. When CBS Evening News Scott Pelley said "Good Night" and Carol said "Good Night, Scott" I thought she'd made some remark about my "socks." So I said "So what's wrong with my socks?" She looked at my socks and said "Nothing. Why?" "Because you made some kind of remark about them." "No I didn't." She looked at me if I'd finally gone irretrievably around the bend. "Yeah you did. A minute ago." Then she laughed. "I said "Good Night Scott. I was talking back to the TV screen." Maybe I HAVE gone irretrievably around the bend. I'm getting just as bad at scanning headlines. I always have to carefully reread headline that startle me because these days I sometimes mis-read them. And I'm wearing my brand new Mt. Palomars, too.

And speaking of Livia...

New Book Available From Livia:


It's been a busy week! Not only did I publish James's new book FORT WORTH NIGHTS, I wrapped up A PECK OF PICKLED WARLOCKS, the second book in my Tongue-Tied Witch series, and now it's on sale as well for both the Kindle and the Nook. This 61,000 word novel wraps up all the plotlines from the first book in the series and is full of action, humor, and romance in a fast-paced story that takes the reader from the picturesque Gulf Coast of Texas to the glittering lights of Las Vegas.

It's been wIGHTS, I wrapped up A PECK OF PICKLED WARLOCKS, the second book in my Tongue-Tied Witch series, and now it's on sale as well for both the Kindle and the Nook. This 61,000 word novel wraps up all the plotlines from the first book in the series and is full of action, humor, and romance in a fast-paced story that takes the reader from the picturesque Gulf Coast of Texas to the glittering lights of Las Vegas.

To celebrate the release of A PECK OF PICKLED WARLOCKS, the first book in the series, WITCH GOT YOUR TONGUE, is now on sale for both the Kindle and the Nook for 99 cents. If you've been meaning to give this series a try, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. I really love writing them and hope some of you enjoy them as much as I do.


No comments: