Thursday, September 04, 2008

Whit Bissell

I happened to catch actor Whit Bissell in two TV show reruns within four hours of each other and I decided to look him up on IMDB. Here's a guy I've seen dozens of time over the course of my life and I didn't know anything about him.

Mini Biography IMDB
Whit Bissell came to Hollywood in the 1940s, and by the time he retired he had appeared in more than 200 movies and scores of TV series. He is best known for playing the evil scientist who turned Michael Landon into a half beast in the 1957 cult classic film I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957). Bissell specialized in playing doctors, military officers and other authority figures. On television he was a regular on "Bachelor Father" (1957) and "The Time Tunnel" (1966). He also served on the Screen Actors Guild board of directors for 18 years and represented the actors branch in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences board of governors.

Ed here:

If you want to see a staggering filmography (and tvography if there's such a word) go here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000946/

No wonder he was always so trim. He didn't have time to eat.

1 comment:

Cap'n Bob said...

I heard he was also part of the Bissell vacuum cleaner dynasty.