Supernatural Suspense Storybundle – Clive Barker & 9 More!
Shared from the Storybundle site – so you don’t think I’ve gone all Queen of England talking about myself in third person – DNW
THE SUPERNATURAL SUSPENSE BUNDLE
Curated by David Naill Wilson
Suspense comes in all flavors and stripes. Though they are often sloughed off onto the horror genre, Supernatural Suspense novels have become a staple of the genre-bending best-sellers. Authors like Stephen King and Dean Koontz have entrenched themselves in this sub-genre, and over the years an impressive group of talented authors have added their words, and their visions to the mix.
This Supernatural Suspense bundle is curated by Award-winning author, poet, and now publisher David Niall Wilson, who has been writing since the late 1980s and has well over thirty books of his own.
Of this bundle, Wilson says:
“I was very pleased to be afforded the opportunity to choose some of my favorite novels and authors and present their work in such an affordable and unique manner. In a suspense novel, the reader basically knows what’s going on – most of the mystery is pushed aside in lieu of eventful moments, fast action, harrowing escapes, and the imminent threat of something very bad happening. What I love best is that sort of a plot with either full-blown dark fantasy, or at least the hint – the question – of something supernatural behind the threat. It heightens the suspense, and though – like most thrillers – the reader is mostly aware of the threat from an early point in the story, there is always the chance that something evil and beyond the control of the protagonist, hero, or whatever character experiences it that will change the outcome completely.
Rather than choose books with a common theme, or style, what I strove for in this grouping is variety. These novels range from those where the supernatural is more in the minds of the characters, as in Elizabeth Massie’s Bram Stoker Award-Winning Sineater to – in the case of Clive Barker’s Weaveworld – a complete divergence into another realm.
My own novel, On the Third Day, concerns religion and miracles, and I’ll admit, that’s not too far from Thomas Monteleone’s Night of Broken Souls, but the take on the subject matter – the style of the suspense – is entirely unique in each. Pulitzer nominated author Thomas Sullivan’s novel Second Soul is a dark tale of spirits and guilt, while Aaron Rosenberg’s Incursion is the beginning of a series, the novels of the O.C.L.T. – and deals with ecological issues and Native American magic.
Brian Hodge takes readers from the dark visions of the rain forests to the darker streets of the big city in Nightlife, literary master Chet Williamson brings the darkness and his own deep knowledge of theater and stage to play in Reign , and Mike Baron draws on the seemingly endless secrets of the ancient world in his novel Skorpio. A wonderfully literate grouping of truly fascinating works…” – David Niall Wilson
The initial titles in the bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
▪ Reign by Chet Williamson
▪ Second Soul by Thomas Sullivan
▪ On the Third Day by David Niall Wilson
▪ Incursion by Aaron Rosenberg
▪ Moonbane by Al Sarrantonio
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $12, you’ll get another five books:
▪ Weaveworld by Clive Barker
▪ Nightlife by Brian Hodge
▪ Sineater by Elizabeth Massie
▪ Skorpio by Mike Baron
▪ Night of Broken Souls by Thomas F. Monteleone
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books, but after the three weeks are over, the bundle is gone forever!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
▪ Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
▪ Pay what you want (minimum $3): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of thrilling titles.
▪ Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
▪ Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We’re currently featuring Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now.
▪ Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re not just getting seven books, you’re getting thirteen!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, Tweet us at @storybundle, Like us on Facebook, and Plus us on Google Plus. For press inquiries, please email email@example.com.